The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Monday, August 15, 2005

A Wedding and the Zoo!

I had a big weekend. Friday mom and dad came home from work and we headed up to Olmsted Falls. A friend of mom's was getting married in the park. We got stuck in traffic on the way up there so we didn't have time to go to grandma and grandpa's before the wedding so I got to go! The wedding was outside in the park. Lisa sure looked pretty. Once the wedding was over mom and dad took me over to grandma and grandpa's house. When I got there guess who was there to babysit me? L and M! Mom fed me really quick while dad got dressed. When mom and dad started to leave I was sad I didn't get to go too and started to cry. But L sat with me on the couch and talked to me and before I knew it I had forgotten all about mom and dad. I love L and M they are so good to me.

On Saturday we got up in the morning and dad dressed me in my safari outfit. It was a good thing because I was going to the zoo! We went and celebrated L's birthday with her other cousins at the zoo. I saw things I'd never seen before. Like an Elephant. Dad said that it looked a lot like my cousin Seth's Elephant. Dad said that I can ride Seth's elephant when we go visit them in South Africa. Seth is pretty lucky to have his own elephant. Here's a picture of me and my cousins riding a turtle! After we celebrated L's birthday at lunch we went back to grandma and grandpa's house and then headed home.

Saturday night the power went out and it was way to hot for me to sleep in my room. Dad hauled down a mattress for him to sleep on and mom slept on the couch. I slept on the floor. It was fun having a sleep over in the living room!

Sunday was a nice relaxing day. We ran some errands in the morning, then I took a four hour nap. It's nice to nap! In the afternoon my friends up the street came and talked to me. They all gave me kisses. I love kisses! Then they ran off up the street. I was bouncing and trying to get mom to get moving. I don't know why we didn't chase after them.

Mom and dad had watermelon after dinner. It sure looked good to me. I kept trying to grab the plate and had to chew on the table instead. Mom just kept teasing me as I watched her eat it over my head. I think I might be ready to start on cereal, but mom and dad are going to check with Dr. Deb first and see what she has to say. Today is my 5 month birthday!

1 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Indians Big Guy and Baby said...

pickle, you are so cute!! looks like you had a great time at the zoo! hope you have fun in colorado!

love you- aunt julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home