The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm Back... Did you miss me?


Wow, this vacation concept sure is cool! I was able to spend 4 days with my mom and dad and gma and gpa White. We drove up to Gma and Gpa C's on Wednesday night and then everyone got up when I got up, about 4:00 am! Gma and Gpa C drove us to the airport and I got to ride on the plane for the first time. It was pretty uneventful. When we landed in Denver we rented a car and drove to Vail. I was getting a little hungry so we had to stop along the way for a snack.
We got to the Ritz in time for me to take a little swim before dinner. The water was a little chilly but I didn't mind. I loved floating around with mom and dad and just kick kick kicking! I got to take a bath after that in nice big bathtub. Mom didn't order me a special bath, like they offered, but that's ok. That evening we had dinner on the patio. Mom and dad had burgers. I had milk. For dessert there were s'mores. I stuck with milk.
On Friday Dad got up early and left mom and I sleeping. He was going fly fishing. I wanted to go but they didn't have waders in my size (teeny tiny). Mom and I slept in then we went to visit my Auntie Jenny. Dad came back in time to go with us. We drove over to Breckinridge and had lunch with Aunt Jenny and then listened to her rehearsal. I loved the music and seeing my Auntie Jenny. On the drive back we saw a plane that crash landed on the side of the mountain! It was scary. Friday night I got dressed up in my cow boy outfit and we went to a ranch for dinner. I wanted to ride on the horses but they didn't have one my size (again, teeny tiny). There was good music and a lot of people for me to watch. Mom and dad had steak and Salmon for dinner, I went with milk.
Saturday we were going to ride up the ski lift in Vail and do a little hiking but my vacation was wearing me out so I took a nap instead. When I woke up Dad took me swimming again. Then we went into Vail for lunch and walked around an arts festival. Everyone thought I was the cutest thing as I rode around in my sling. That evening was the wedding. I wasn't officially invited so mom and I stood way in the back. The wedding was outside and mom did her best to keep me quite. I was getting pretty tired so mom took me up to bed. I slept for a little bit while dad was at the party, he brought dinner up for mom and it smelled so good I woke up. Then they took me down to the party for a bit. It was getting pretty late, so grandma White took me back up stairs to bed. When I woke up it was morning and time for us to head home. Getting back was quite a challenge. Dad didn't end up riding on the same plane as us due to something about the luggage. Mom ran me and Gma and Gpa through the Denver airport. I think we were late. We did make the flight though and I was just worn out from my vacation and I slept the rest of the way home.
When we got back I stayed a little with Gma and Gpa C and then mom and I drove back home to Columbus. It was a great vacation. We should do it more often!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home