The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Just Mom and Me!


Today was a great day! Mom stayed home with me. We slept in late, and didn't get up until 7:45 since mom didn't have to nurse me before going to work. While mom showered I chatted up the fish in my bouncy seat.

Check me out at my gym while mom ate her breakfast. That's by bird pal, I spend a lot of time trying to get him into my mouth. Sometimes I get a foot, sometimes I don't. We spent a few minutes doing tummy time on the mat this morning too. Before you know it I will be crawling! After spending a little time at the gym it was time for us to check out what was happening in the neighborhood so we went for a stroll. We went around the block once but didn't see any neighbors. That was ok because I was getting sleepy. After our stroll I had a bit of lunch and then went down for a nap. It was nice to nap in the airconditioning and get out of the heat for a little bit. When I got up mom had a surprise for me! We went to baby lap time at the library. It was fun. I saw my friend Molly and also Abigail. Molly was busy she was walking all over checking things out. Rhiannon, the librarian read me a book. It was all about eating. I'm sure it will make more sense when I start eating things like banana's and using spoons. I liked looking at the pictures though, it was full of other babies. After she read me the book we sang some songs, then she brought out the toys! Boy was it fun watching all the kids play. Rhiannon gave me my own toy with a mirror in it. Guess what was in the mirror! Me! I chatted myself up for a while and then I decided I was hungry so I spent the rest of the toy time getting something to eat. It was fun watching the other kids play but I really had more important things on my mind. After when lap time was over mom and I said good by to Molly and Abigail and we headed home. When we got home mom put me in my bouncy seat while she fixed herself some lunch. I'm not so sure I like this bouncy seat. I'm giving it a chance though. Once mom was done with lunch we went out on the porch and played with the bubbles. I like watching them float up up up! It was relaxing and peaceful. It made me ready to take another nap. So mom and I went inside and napped in the airconditioning. When we woke up it was almost time for Dad to come home. We went down stairs and in he came. I was happy to see dad. He was just passing through though on the way to a softball game. After dad left mom and I got started on dinner. I had to sit in the swing though while mom cooked. I wanted to be in there with her but she said it was no place for babies. When dad got home we all ate dinner toghether and then headed out for little walk around the neighborhood. Again we didn't see any of our friends they were all staying inside in the cool. After our walk I was getting a little sleepy and it was my bed time so we headed home in time to get ready for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home