The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

It's been a long day!

I sure did have a long day today. We were staying at grandma and grandpa's because we were having a memorial party for my great grandpa. I decided we needed to get a jump on the day and was up at 6:30. Unfortulantely mom and dad just wouldn't get up. Finally about 8:00 grandma came in and got me. I talked with grandma most of the morning and just tried to stay out of grandpa's way. He was feeling pretty stressed about putting this party together.

Well, once I got a nap in my cousins showed up and man did we have fun. I chatted with Ellie while she ate her lunch. We had a good talk. That Ellie! Dad convinced her that he was her favorite uncle. She liked pretending that she was a dog all day. Her mom sure didn't like it, but Dad just egged her on. After another short nap I went out and joined the party. It sure was rolling. There were lots of people there to remember great grandpa. Grandpa put together a whole wall of pictures. It was fun to see grandma and grandpa when they were young. After everyone left we had sandwiches and I chatted with Michael and Emma and Ellie sang me songs. It sure was nice of her. She is a good singer. Grandma wanted pictures of all the grandkids so we all got together for her for this picture. A little bit later it was time for us to start home to Columbus. I sure was not looking forward to that car ride. I felt like I had been in the car all weekend and I sure do hate that car seat. Well, mom and dad put me in the back seat all by myself. I tell you I sure didn't like that. I was pretty lonely so I cried just about all the way home until mom crawled back to chat with me. That made me happy. I smiled and chatted with her, all I wanted was a little company.

Once we got home it was time for a bath. I do like a bath and this night I was determined to get those toes in my mouth. I worked at it for a time but I finally got them in. They sure were worth the work. Toes are tasty! You should try them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home