The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Pickle is on the Move

Whew, did I have a busy day. I woke up about 6:30 and had a nice chat with the ceiling fan, and cuddled with mom. She convinced me to sleep a little longer and we finally got up about 8:30. I heard mom and dad talking about the days when they used to not get up until 10:30 on a Saturday. That is crazy talk, there is so much for a little pickle to do in a day that I need to get a jump on it! So about 9:30 it was time for a nap. When I woke up, I chatted with Aunt Erin for a bit. I was still a little sleepy so I didn't have much to say. But I did hear that Seth was doing great.

Once I woke up and at me second breakfast, mom and dad loaded me into the car and we headed for Canfield to see a friend of dads. I don't remember much of the trip because I think I fell asleep. But I do know that it was raining pretty hard some of the trip. When we got to Canfield I met Dads friend Jenny Bender and her little boy Nathan. We just chatted and I visited with Jenny and Nate. Then Jenny fixed my car seat for mom and dad. I feel much safer now!

After visiting with Jenny and Nate we went and saw Dave and Sally White, I guess they are my cousins. I was getting pretty worn out by now and was a little fussy but Sally cuddled with me and it felt really good. I just wanted to fall asleep on her shoulder. She showed me some pictures of her grandson Caden. He sure looked cute in the bath tub! We didn't stay long before mom and dad loaded me back into the car to head to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I had a long day by then and cried most of the way. We stopped at a rest plaze on the way so that I could get a little snack to tied me over. Whew was I releaved to be out of that car seat. I wanted to chat with mom and was smiling and flirting. She just stuck me back into the car seat! I was upset, but dad told me that we couldn't spend the night at the rest plaza, I didn't see why not! So when we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house I said hello to grandpa, grandma wasn't home, and then dad started getting me ready for bed. I wasn't so sure I wanted to sleep in the crib, but finally decided I was tired enough to sleep anywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home