The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

I had my first school field trip. We went to the pumpkin patch. It was pretty fun. First we met at school and I showed Mom some work.   This is an ovoid, if you were wondering.


Then off we went.
We learned about different types of pumpkins and gourds and how a seed becomes a plant, and how the flowers are pollinated and how pumpkins grow.
Then we got to drink some apple cider.  Mmmmm. Notice that mine is gone, while the kids around me have barely had a sip.  I'm not sure what they are waiting for.
After cider it was off to the field to pick out three gourds.

Then we headed to the corn field and picked out two ears of Indian corn.


After finding our corn we hopped on a wagon and took a ride out to the pumpkin patch.

I thought this was the best pumpkin around.  I picked one out for the Chickadee too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home