The Adventures of the Pickle & the Chickadee

The adventures of a little pickle and his sister chickadee in the big city. Living life with these two yahoos we call Mom and Dad.

Monday, June 15, 2009

A book review by the Pickle... Pete and Pickles by Berke Breathed

Pickle: Momma, why did you get that book Pete and Pickles? It was the wrong book. That book was for grown ups, not for kids. It was a little scary and weird.
Momma: What part was scary?
P: It was weird, I don't want to talk about it.
M: You mean the part where the house fills up with water?
P: I DON'T want to TALK about IT.
M: Ok.
P: You picked the wrong one. Why did you pick that one?
M: I'm not sure I picked it but I didn't read the story so I didn't know it was weird. You might have picked it.
P: I made a MISTAKE. that book is for grown ups, not for kids.
M: Oh, ok.
P: Why did you pick that book?
M: Well, I might have picked it because it was called "Pete and Pickles." You have an Uncle Pete, and a Grandpa Pete, and I call you Pickle, so I thought it would be funny to borrow a book called "Pete and Pickles."
P: Well, I didn't like it it was weird. We should write a letter, it should say 'This book is not for kids, it's weird you should send it to another town where someone wants it. Not here."
M: Ok, we'll get on that in the morning. I have to go do the dishes.
P: Ok, when you are done with the dishes you can take that book back to the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home